Thursday 26 May 2011

Spitalfield market

     Went to Spitalfield Market today with my niece, Rachael. We had a lovely time looking at the piles of old tut, which the stall holders seem to like to call antiques. http://www.oldspitalfieldsmarket.com/


      It's nice just to browse, though, and we also had some bags of mums' to sell. We ended up selling 2 of them to a lovely lady who is going to restore them to their former glory. I look forward to seeing them.

   It was also flippin freezing, a complete change from yesterday when it was so hot all my make-up fell off. And it rained on the way home and I got my Rocket Dogs wet!  


   Haven't managed to finish that scrapbook page yet, just a bit more fiddle farting with it should do. I'm even thinking of making a couple of cards for various friends occasions. And that's the way it will probably stay, just thinking about it!





  
This is the cover of a memory book that I made for both of my mums, one for mine and one for Ian's. It went with a memory jar, which is basically a jar with prompts and  questions about their life. (this is not my one, I forgot to take a picture of mine)! I thought it was a lovely idea, so they can record stories and events that you may not know about. Unfortunately my mum was never well enough to fill it in, and MOL (mother-in-law) hasn't done hers either! Humph.


    My last day of holiday tomorrow. Boo hoo. Not sure what I'll get up to but I'm sure it will be fun-packed!! 


See ya 
x

No comments: